About our Company
Gevity is an international informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of interdisciplinary professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective healthcare and social services systems. We have offices across North America and Asia Pacific and a wide variety of clients. Gevity’s services range from strategic policy advisory services to information technology system integration.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Leads all phases of the software development lifecycle, while utilizing client's project management methodology to achieve clinical objectives for multiple complex healthcare technology initiatives. Establishes schedule, budget, and coordinate project activities to ensure the success of projects from original concept to final implementation. Mentors staff in project management methodology andcompetencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures the established Project Methodology is followed including creation of the project plan.
- Completion of standard project deliverables asspecified.
- Collaborates with other EITS, resources and teams to develop Project Proposal outlining deliverables, business requirements, risks,assumptions, key stakeholders, roles andresponsibilities.
- Defines and develops project plan including schedule and funding limitations.
- Coordinates with Resource Managers to define required roles and tasks for each project phase and works with Resource Managers to assign staff and procurement of contractors, as needed.
- Performs all standard PMI PMBOK project management activities as specified in client's project management methodology.
- Conducts weekly status meetings with project team to communicate work plan, track actual performance against plans and budget, analyze variances, and identify issues and risks to ensure all customer needs are met while maintaining control of the project.
- Develops weekly status reports and modifies schedules as required following change management process.
- Prepares and presents project reports for management, clients or others, as requested.
- Collaborate with other clinical applications to ensure LIS integration.
- Coordinates complex change management initiatives.
- Mentors and coaches others to develop LIS technical competencies.
- Performs related duties, asrequired.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor's Degree, required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years related experience required.
- Experience in assigned technical area (i.e. Healthcare, Infrastructure, etc), and in a similarly sized IT organization, required. Healthcare environment, preferred.
- Previous Program Management Institute (PMI) training, preferred.
- PMP Certification, recommended.
- Laboratory knowledge is a must, Strongly prefer Cerner Millennium/Epic integration knowledge
- Demonstrated experience managing complex IS programs and projects utilizing PMI PMBOK standards and industry best practices, required.
- Very strong communication, presentation, relationship building andstrategic planning and implementation skills, required.
- Very strong analytical and organization skills and ability to manage multiple complex projects, required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate difficult or controversial discussions and drive to issue resolution, required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate overall design discussions to completion, required.
- Ability to mentor and coach others to develop project management competencies, required.
- Strong experience with MS Office applications required.
Equality of opportunity and diversity within our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.