Overall Position Description
This position requires an individual who can manage, coordinate and guide clients, providing strategic advice, while leading projects to fulfill that strategic vision. This individual will be responsible for coordinating a diverse team of professionals to ensure that project tasks are completed on time and within budget while engaging clients at the senior project management, executive and senior executive levels, ensuring accountability to organization strategy and objectives throughout. They are the liaison between the client and the project team, and are responsible for delivery from inception to sign-off.
· Expertise in effectively managing multiple stakeholders and developing and maintaining healthy stakeholder relationships.
· Proven ability to proactively resolve performance, scope, cost and schedule issues with stakeholders as they arise.
· Proven experience in ensuring accurate and timely communications to stakeholders including monitoring the communication network between the project team, and internal and external stakeholders and introducing changes where required.
· Ability to clearly define scope and compliance with overall organizational goals; to manage and monitor project performance, identify issues and opportunities early and take pre-emptive actions if required.
· Experience in developing and managing the schedule of all elements of a project including routine monitoring of performance and developing corrective action plans.
· Proven expertise in defining project quality requirements and ensuring that the right systems are in place and applied.
· Ability to provide clear and focused leadership for the project team to create a vision for project success and a strategy to fit that vision.
· Focus on milestone and other key project objectives achievement.
· Ability to provide mentoring and participate in staff performance evaluations.
· Expertise in identifying, managing and mitigating project risks and opportunities and monitoring the closure of all identified risks and opportunities.
· Sets clear objectives for the procurement of additional project resources as required.
· Ensures that services meet specifications and are delivered on-time and within budget.
· Produces weekly and monthly status reports that clearly highlight the status, and identify where impacts or issues pose a risk to the schedule.
· Develops project documents according to standard templates, using natural language.
Skills and Qualifications
· Post-secondary education in Informatics, Information Management or Information Technology (or relevant area) required.
· Five or more years (Seven or more years for Senior Project Manager) proven successful project management experience for public sector, health, or social service projects required.
· TBS Stage-gate model of Project Management experience preferred.
· Ability to effectively manage project team logistics required.
· Capability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, consideration given to those bilingual in French and English.
· Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts required.
· The ability to effectively deal with remote teams and users.
· Experience with productivity tools such as Confluence, Sharepoint, MS-Office (including Visio and Project) required.
· PMP or PRINCE2 certification preferred.
· PROSCI Certification desired.
· ITIL Foundation Certification desired.
· CPHIMS-CA Certification desired
· Ability to work full-time in Ottawa is required.
Work on Canadian Federal Government contracts will require candidates to pass screening for and obtain at minimum, security clearance (at minimum, Reliability Status).