Overall Position Description
The business analyst/senior business analyst position requires an individual who is able to collect business requirements from multiple sources, and then critically evaluate information gathered, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying business needs. This individual interprets business needs and translates them into application and operational requirements; collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs. They are the liaison between the business community, the technical solution providers and the support team.
· Collection, documentation and analysis of the current state and the future state of business and administrative processes by means of documenting business process flows and models in collaboration with multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
· Analysis of process gaps, information flow obstacles and identification of opportunities for increased efficiency.
· Ability to document requirements and create process models using UML modeling techniques.
· Proven expertise in gathering and documenting requirements to support development of data warehousing and business intelligence solutions.
· Experience in software development lifecycle activities in an integrated technical environment.
· Strong leadership and ability to facilitate focus groups to determine requirements and priorities.
· Experience in assigning project activities to meet the timelines, budget and stakeholder requirements set out in work breakdown structures, project schedules and other related plans (e.g. test, quality, training).
· Experience in assessing project status and reporting activity to project team and management.
Skills and Qualifications
· Post-secondary education in Informatics, Information Management or Information Technology (or equivalent) required.
· Five or more years (Senior Business Analysts require 7+ years) of business analysis experience in the public sector, health or social services required.
· Experience in software development lifecycle activities in an integrated technical environment required.
· Experience with productivity tools such as Confluence, Sharepoint, MS-Office (including Visio and Project) required.
· Strong leadership and ability to facilitate focus groups to determine requirements and priorities required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, consideration given to those bilingual in French and English.
· Ability to engage effectively across teams and with various levels of management required.
· Ability to effectively deal with remote teams and users required.
· CBAP, CCBA or PBA-PMI Certification preferred.
· PROSCI Certification desired.
· ITIL Foundation Certification desired.
· Ability to do full-time work in Ottawa required.
Work on Canadian Federal Government contracts will require candidates to pass screening for and obtain at minimum, security clearance (at minimum, Reliability Status).