About our Company
Gevity is an international informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of interdisciplinary professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective healthcare and social services systems. Through our focus on the unique needs of the healthcare, social services and life sciences sectors, we work to support healthier lives through connected systems. Gevity’s services range from strategic consultancy to system integration.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
- We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join our team. The ideal individual will be tenacious, with a strong attention to detail and a track record of delivering projects that help their clients.
- Required Knowledge & Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years of business analysis experience or a combination of work experience and relevant education and/or certifications;
- Ability to perform data validation and user acceptance testing while managing client expectations;
- Analytical and broad-based technical knowledge/skills with ability to think through details and tactics without losing sight of overall strategic goals;
- Intermediate-level business documentation/ writing skills within an IT focused project;
- Exceptional critical thinking skills;
- Transformational awareness and expertise;
- Exceptional client engagement / interpersonal skills and ability to effectively facilitate discussions with a diverse group of stakeholders and users;
- Demonstrated successful experience working on a technical implementation project;
- Ability to describe business outcome and benefits in layman terms;
- Ability to extract information and knowledge from complex sources;
- Understanding of how to interpret customer business and clinical needs;
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment – proven organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Excellent proficiency with MS Office toolsets (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project);
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including business and technical writing skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team, influencing and supporting;
- Strong negotiation & critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- 3+ years of working with SQL/TSQ, XML and related tools (XSL/XPath);
- Data transformation and mapping (ex. XML, XSL/XPath);
- Scripting (ex. Python) or development (ex. Java/C#) ;
- Familiarity with databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical or technical discipline relevant to the role;
- Awareness of data migration standards an asset;
- Prior experience working on IT/infrastructure and/or clinical/healthcare projects is an asset;
- Experience working with BC Health Authorities is highly preferred;
- Any other industry recognized certifications, specifically in Business Analysis (CBAP), Change Management (PROSCI) or Agile.
Shortlisted candidates for this opportunity will require a high-level approach to the project work, detailing your experience offering business analysis consulting, 3 detailed project examples and 3 detailed references.
Equality of opportunity and diversity within our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.