About our Company
Gevity is an international informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of interdisciplinary professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective healthcare and social services systems. We have offices across North America and Asia Pacific and a wide variety of clients. Gevity’s services range from strategic policy advisory services to information technology system integration.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts , and operations of the LIS department. Plans, conducts, and coordinates programming application activities for the client. Develops statements of problems and requirements, designs system and programs and writes supporting computer programs. Works with system users to define business and functional requirements. Troubleshoots and resolves problems; develops user and operational documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts and operations of the LIS department.
- Investigates and documents existing system procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer and recommends appropriate design alternatives to be implemented based upon customer constraints.
- Develops and executes plans and procedures for data conversion, customer acceptance criteria and installation strategy. Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or revisions. Codes, tests, and documents utilizing applications within the LIS environment. Performs specialized programming tasks requiring high degree of technical proficiency.
- Analyzes new system functions and uses of information in developing general specifications. Develops functional specifications to define detail input/output, file content, system functions/controls and performance criteria. Identifies design alternatives that will support a solution to an analysis model.
- Evaluates design alternatives for development cost, runtime performance and software complexity trade-offs.
- Prepares customer user manuals and training materials. Participates in user training and provides advice on operational issues.
- Prepares relevant change control documentation and performs build validation.
- Performs related duties, as required.
Qualifications / Required Skill:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Medical Technology or related field, required.
- 5 - 7 years of Cerner Millennium experience is a must.
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in systems analysis and/or programming, required.
- Ability to translate high level specifications for software components into the designs and resultant implementation, required.
Equality of opportunity and diversity within our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.