About our Company
Veris Inc. a Gevity company is a growth and project-oriented consulting firm that exists to deliver results. Veris works with medium to large organizations to improve operational performance, enhance organizational effectiveness and sustain positive results. These are just a few of the business problems we solve everyday. Our clients trust us to step confidently into challenging situations and produce the right responses. Our people find demonstrating results and a focus customer success rewarding and these values are ingrained within our culture. We foster long term, close working relationships with our consultants and are seeking individuals who desire a personal, team oriented approach to offering professional business solutions.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
This role will be primarily delivered remotely so the candidate must have access to a home office, however it is expected that there will be a requirement for onsite meetings at the clients office located in Victoria so it is preferred that the applicant reside locally.
Our client requires a senior Business Analyst to assist on a several IT government transportation project within long term, part time and/or full time opportunity.
NOTE: Shortlisted candidates for this opportunity will be required to provide project examples and a reference for each of the mentioned required knowledge and skills below.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to lead multi-discipline teams in business transformation initiatives to align business systems with new business processes, using application portfolio management techniques, and have provided and followed a plan to transfer the business from the “as is” structure to the “to be” structure;
- Knowledge of business process re-engineering;
- Knowledge of change management;
- Ability to identify, define, model and document business needs, including the ability to:
- model and document technical solutions,
- develop and present business cases including feasibility studies, risk assessments and cost benefit analysis of solution alternatives,
- define and document product and funding for development and ongoing support,
- develop presentations, reports and submissions required by clients to secure approval and funding from Executive or Treasury Board, and develop work plans;
- Experience developing and implementing:
- automated business processes,
- service agreements with service consumers and suppliers,
- appropriate service management processes,
- training/educational materials,
- application maintenance support;
- Experience managing the quality of the delivered business solution to ensure it meets the quality expectations:
- ensure structure, design and development of the deliverables is in compliance with applicable standards,
- monitor/control project progress, resource usage and cost, and
- ensure performance of technical reviews and audits and obtain required approvals before implementation;
- Considerable tact, professionalism and diplomacy as the Consultant will have interaction with stakeholders, vendors, professionals and various levels of employees in a government setting;
- Superior written and oral communication, interpersonal, influence and negotiation skills to properly represent the ministry and its business interests;
- Work with a team co-operatively within diverse or work groups, including the ability to understand and respond effectively to other team members with diverse views;
- Problem solves effectively by giving shape and direction to issues, ideas, information and deliver high quality work in a timely manner. Use analysis and evaluation skills on high profile and/or complex matters. View client issues from various points of view and driving factors. Assess, weigh and manage risk. Willing to view problems as opportunities;
- Comprehends a situation analytically by breaking it down into its components and identifying key or underlying complex issues. It implies the ability to systematically organize and compare the various aspects of a problem or situation and determine cause-and-effect relationships (“if...then…”) to resolve problems in a sound, decisive manner. Checks to ensure the validity or accuracy of all information; and
- Promotes innovation to improve project success and performance by doing or promoting new ways of doing things.
- 3 years of experience identifying, defining, modelling and documenting business needs, including modelling and documenting technical solutions;
- 3 years of experience interacting professionally with a wide variety of people in diverse roles (e.g., executives, contractors, technical experts, naive users) to develop and implement automated business processes, and at least one of: service agreements with service consumers and suppliers, appropriate service management processes, training/education materials and application maintenance support;
- 3 years of experience managing the quality of the delivered business solution to ensure it meets quality expectations;
- 2 years of experience leading multi-discipline or single discipline teams in a business initiative to design and align new business systems with business processes;
- 2 years of experience creating and following a change management plan to move from the “as-is” to the “to-be” state;
- 2 years of experience reporting to senior managers;
- 2 years of experience having managers and senior technical and business staff assigned or contracted to the project reporting to or working collaboratively with the Consultant; and
- 2 years of experience managing effective communications with project stakeholders at all levels from diverse business units.
- 1 or more years of experience working with the public sector to deliver IM/IT solutions.
- 1 or more years of experience with providing business analysis services for government transportation systems projects relating to National Safety Code standards (as interpreted by any province or territory) for commercial carriers and drivers.
- 1 or more years of experience with providing business analysis services to deliver IM/IT solutions using Agile methodologies.
- 1 or more years of experience with providing business analysis services for IM/IT projects relating to camera, image and video management, and related data collection techniques.
- 1 of more years of experience with providing business analysis services in the configuration and implementation of a Cloud-based or Software-as-a-Service solution.
Preference will be given to Consultants that have formal education (i.e. diploma or degree) in a related business or computer science field. Additional points will be awarded for the following certifications:
- International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) - Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP); and/or
- Lean Six Sigma (Green or Black Belt)
- Any other industry recognized certifications, specifically in Project Management, (PMP), Change Management (PROSCI) or Prince II.
$65 to $95 per hour. Max rate will only be considered for candidates who meet/exceed all of the Skills and Qualifications required above (if applicant is not local to Victoriathe hourly rate must include all travel expenses).
The successful contract candidate will provide their own laptop or other computing hardware, and software licenses to perform their duties.
Equality of opportunity and diversity within our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.