About our Company
Gevity is an international informatics and management consulting company offering a full range of interdisciplinary professional services to clients seeking to build sustainable and effective healthcare and social services systems. Through our focus on the unique needs of the healthcare, social services and life sciences sectors, we work to support healthier lives through connected systems. Gevity’s services range from strategic consultancy to system integration.
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Business Analyst (BA) based in Victoria, British Columbia to provide Business Intelligence (BI) services in the health care sector.
- Working in a collaborative team, the BA will follow due process to ensure the continued integrity and quality of the data available in our client’s solution;
- Activities may include: gathering requirements from stakeholders; recommending appropriate cube dimensions, measures, and attributes; translating user requirements to technical requirements for implementation by the BI developers; designing reports; researching solutions; and implementing change management procedures;
- The BA will be responsible for maintaining all documentation and related information resources in shared knowledge repositories, applying metadata and other organizational techniques to ensure information is searchable and easy to locate for members of the project team and end-users; and,
- Performing other duties as required to complete deliverables.
- A level of education, training and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Health Information, Nursing, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline, plus a minimum of five (4) years recent related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, certifications and experience;
- 3 years of demonstrated experience with business analysis in business intelligence, data warehousing, analytics or a related field;
- Advanced knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional (OLAP) data models and ETL tools;
- Ability to understand complex statistical concepts and translate them to technical requirements.
- 2 years of experience delivering business analysis in a health care environment;
- Understanding and experience in the Systems Development Life Cycle and project management methodologies;
- Demonstrated ability to lead staff in a team environment;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication, facilitation and presentation skills;
- Experience with Microsoft BI solutions, MicroStrategy or related tools
- Any other industry recognized certifications, specifically in Business Analysis (CBAP), Change Management (PROSCI) or Agile.
Short listed candidate will be required to provide a proposed approach to the project work and a description of how your skills meet the required skills listed above. Short listed candidates will be provided with an overview of the project to develop their approach.
Equality of opportunity and diversity of our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Equality of opportunity and diversity within our company is important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.